Anime music video (AMV) - Review

Well Guys todays topic is about anime music video (AMV) :-


XHD

An anime music video (AMV) typically is a fan-made music video consisting of clips from one or more anime set to an audio track, often songs or promotional trailer audio. The term is generally specific to Japanese anime, however, it can occasionally include American animation footage or video game footage. AMVs are not official music videos released by the musicians, they are fan compositions which synchronize edited video clips with an audio track. AMVs are most commonly posted and distributed over the Internet through AnimeMusicVideos.org or YouTube. Anime conventions frequently run AMV contests who usually show the finalists/winner's AMVs.

AMVs should not be confused with music videos or with such short music video films your Mark" that was produced by the film company Studio Ghibli). AMVs should also not be confused with fan-made "general animation" videos using non-Japanese animated video sources like western cartoons, or with the practice of vidding in Western media fandom, which evolved convergently and has a distinct history and fan culture. Parallels can be drawn between AMVs and songvids, non-animated fan-made videos using footage from movies, television series, or other sources.

Most of the amvs contains of :-

Raw Editing: Using basic zooming in and out "effects" along with simple transitions.

FX (Effects) Editing: This style consists of tons of visual effects. This can be accomplished in programs such as Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects.

Timing Editing: The editor edits the clips such that the anime footage is in sync with the lyrics or beats (from the song) to create a perfect harmony. (E.g. Matching beats to gunshot scenes or making an anime character's lips move to make it seem like the character is saying or singing those words in the AMV)

Flow Editing: This requires the editor to use transitions and to keep the AMV flowing rather than to have it consist of rough cuts and choppy parts.

Animation Editing: Although it sounds similar to the term AMV editing, it is a new style where editors take a still image and animate it (making it move) (This also applies to Manga Music Videos (MMVs) which are similar to AMVs, instead they use manga as the main source of footage).

Masking: This style requires the editor to remove the background from the anime scene they would like to add effects to. It is a painstaking and time-consuming process.

Well I do have my official youtube channel which contains a lot amvs videos. I will post my link if you are interested please check it out.

Best AMV Songs: [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries?list=PLXn3e3OFresnu3dMvcxjVLiJPhA-fhUtr&w=560&h=315]


Well if you like my videos please don’t forget to subscribe my channel for more updates.

Comments

  1. Don't worry Lina it is for my research purpose to be ohnest I don't know about amvs until last month.somehow a amv video came across me and I started to like them
    So I will be keeping others amv videos for 3 months after that you can visit my channel again the videos will be deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as you said make my own videos.i have already started to make my videos.
    And to give credits to there respective owners I just can't track down there owners
    Because others are also using others amvs so it is very difficult to track owner.
    I hope u understand.
    Anyway as I said I will be deleting others amv on my channel until I learn everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are making your own. It is, I think, really funny to make.And it takes time and is frustrating and at times even annoying and you just want to throw your computer out the window. But you feel satisfied and proud in the end.

    It is not a valid argument to keep others videos on your channel for that reason. You can make a playlist and gather videos there. You can just browse YT all together and find inspiration. If your promptly must you can save them on your computer (although I don't see the point in that at all. They just gonna take up space you need for the videos you do.)

    And to say that other does it to is not a reason for you (or anyone else) do to it to. Be the bigger man/woman and don't. I hope that the day you upload your own video you don't have to feel what it's like to find your video on someone else's account, maybe with more views than on your own. I have a friend that happened to. His video had around 6000 views. The site that had stolen it had around 300.000 views. Yeah, shit like that happens.

    Well, no one can really stop anyone from stealing videos and uploading them and claim them to be their own but it is a shitty thing to do. (it isn't that hard to find the creator though. Especially not when you name the video, like you have, the same as the original video. Just search and you will find.)

    Well, that's my two cents on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Luna what's your channel name or may be u can give me URL....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I have a question. I am genuinely curious about this. Your YouTube channel obviously contains AMVs you haven’t done since I recognise a lot of videos from other creators. So can you explain to me why one would upload other creators videos on your own channel and pretend that they are your own? It has happened to me multiple times that people have stolen my videos and it makes me sad, angry and, to be honest, breaks my heart. I put so many hours and pour my heart into those videos, and then someone just take them, without my permission and without even giving me credit for it (and no it is not okay even if you give credit unless you have asked for permission first). So please, tell my why one would do this? I just want to understand. Because, if you like AMVs so much, link to them here on your blog, to the rightful owner. Or maybe make your own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment